Last Updated on December 01, 2021
My Place in Chania and our affiliate and subsidiary firms (collectively, “we,” “our,” or “us“) are committed to privacy and to transparency in our information practices. In this Privacy Notice (the “Notice”), we describe how we may collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information related to our websites (each, a “Website”) and mobile applications (each, an “App”) that display or link to this Notice and our other services, products, and technology solutions (collectively, the “Services“).
OVERVIEW OF OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We think transparency is important. In this overview, we summarize the personal information we collect and how we use it, which is further explained in our Privacy Notice below. Keep in mind that the actual information we collect, and our use of such personal information varies depending upon the nature of our relationship and interactions with an individual. Also, in some cases (such as where required by law), we ask for your consent or give you certain choices prior to collecting or using certain personal information.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. Generally, we collect the following types of personal information:
Use of personal information. In general, we may use and disclose the personal information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
|Individual rights. For the purposes above, we process your personal information for the fulfillment of contractual obligations (Article 6 (1b) GDPR), on the basis of legal requirements (Article 6 (1c) GDPR) and for the purposes of legitimate interests of Kearney (Article 6 (1f) GDPR). We will delete your personal information as soon as it is no longer needed for the specific purpose. We are required to retain business and commercial documentation and other tax-relevant documents in order to fulfill our commercial and tax law archiving obligations. Retention periods are determined by the applicable laws.|
1. SCOPE OF OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice applies to our collection, use, disclosure, and other processing of personal information related to:
- the use of our Services that display or link to this Notice;
- former, current, and prospective clients, brokers, investors, independent agents, and customers; and
- other individuals who use our Services, whose personal information we receive related to the Services, or who otherwise interact or communicate with us related to our Services
Our collection, use, disclosure, and processing of personal information about individuals will vary depending upon the circumstances. This privacy notice is intended to describe our overall privacy and data protection practices. In some cases, different or additional notices about our data collection and processing practices may be provided and apply to our processing of certain personal information
Personal information. In this privacy notice, our use of the term “personal information” includes other similar terms under applicable privacy laws—such as “personal data” and “personally identifiable information.” In general, personal information includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated, linked, or linkable with a particular individual.
2. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- My Place in Chania needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given My Place in Chania permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in My Place in Chania legitimate interests
- My Place in Chania needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
3. LOG FILES
MyPlaceinChania.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
4. COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Like any other website, MyPlaceinChania.com uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
5. PRIVACY POLICIES
Note that MyPlaceinChania.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
6. THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
7. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
MyPlaceinChania.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
10. OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect your personal information on a voluntary basis. However, if you decline to provide certain personal information that is marked mandatory, you may not be able to access certain Services or we may be unable to fully respond to your inquiry.
We may collect personal information directly from individuals, automatically related to the use of the Services, and in some cases, from third parties (such as social networks, platform providers, payment processors, data providers, and operators of certain third- party services that we use).
Information we collect directly. We collect information that you provide to us, such as
- when you provide contact information, and send other personal information to us;
- when you complete or submit a form through our Services, for example, “Contact Us” or “Property Appraisal Inquiry Form”;
- when you participate in on-line meetings and consultation seasons or contests, submit orders or requests, or register for or use our Services, or otherwise contact us;
- information you submit or provide such as real estate searches and preferences, whether you plan on buying or selling real estate, home search criteria, information about financing for the purchase of real estate, and other information related to the purchase or sale of real estate.
Information we collect from third parties. We may collect personal information about you and your property from third party sources, such as public databases, real estate on-line platforms (Spitogatos, Chrisi Eukairia), the official Accosiation of Chania Real Estate Agents (SYMENOCH), from brokers and independent agents and from other third parties. For example, without limitation:
- Real estate professionals. Information that may include, among other things, your name and email address, that you may have given to an independent real estate professional with whom you have a pre-existing relationship. The professional may collect such personal information from you with the sole purpose of pre-populating an account for the Services on your behalf and with your consent. You may choose not to finalize the creation of an account and may opt-out of certain future communications from us by following the instructions in the account creation notification or by contacting us at the email address in this Notice.
- Property records. We may collect information about individuals and real estate property through public databases, such as property ownership and tax records maintained by state, local and county agencies.
11. LEGAL BASES FOR OUR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), requires that we inform applicable individuals of the legal bases for our use and other processing of personal information.
Pursuant to the GDPR (and other relevant laws), we process personal information for the following legal bases:
- Performance of contract: as necessary to enter into or carry out the performance of our contract with you.
- Compliance with laws: for compliance with legal obligations and/or defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor and employment law, social security, and data protection, tax, and corporate compliance laws.
- Our legitimate interests: in furtherance of our legitimate business interests including:
- Implementation and operation of global support (e.g., IT) services for our business operations
- Customer relationship management and improving our Services, including marketing and analytics
- Fraud prevention, including misuse of company IT systems or money laundering
- Physical, IT, and network perimeter security
- Internal investigations
- Mergers, acquisitions, and reorganization, and other business transactions
- With your consent: where we have your consent (the GDPR (where it applies)) and other applicable laws give you the right to withdraw your consent, which you can do this at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice. In some jurisdictions, your use of the Services may be taken as implied consent to the collection and processing of personal information as outlined in this privacy notice.
In addition, we may process your personal information where necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual.
12. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
While the purposes for which we may process personal information will vary depending upon the circumstances, in general we use personal information for the purposes set forth below. Where GDPR or other relevant laws apply, we have set forth the legal bases for such processing.
- Providing support and services: including, for example, to send or facilitate communications among you, independent real estate professionals and their affiliated entities, and other users of the Services, provide products and services you request (and send related information), operate our Services; to communicate with you about your access to and use of our Services; to respond to your inquiries; to provide troubleshooting, fulfill your requests and provide technical support; and for other customer service and support purposes. (Legal basis: performance of our contract with you; and our legitimate interests)
- Analyzing and improving our business: including to better understand how users access and use our Services, to evaluate and improve our Services and business operations, and to develop new features, offerings, and services; to conduct surveys, and other evaluations, such as customer satisfaction surveys; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Personalizing content and experiences: including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, and referrals; tailor content we send or display on our Services; to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Advertising, marketing and promotional purposes: including to reach you with more relevant ads and to evaluate, measure, and improve the effectiveness of our ad campaigns; to send you newsletters, offers, or other information we think may interest you; to contact you about our Services or information we think may interest you; and to administer promotions and contests.
- Securing and protecting our business: including to protect and secure our business operations, assets, Services, network and information and technology resources; to investigate, prevent, detect and take action regarding fraud, unauthorized access, situations involving potential threats to the rights or safety of any person or third party, or other unauthorized activities or misconduct.
- Defending our legal rights: including to manage and respond to actual and potential legal disputes and claims, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties.
- Complying with legal obligations: including to comply with the law, our legal obligations and legal process, such warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and regulatory or law enforcement requests.
Aggregate and de-identified information. We may de-identify personal information and create anonymous and aggregated data sets and reports in order to assess, improve and develop our business, products and services, prepare benchmarking reports on our industry and for other research, marketing and analytics purposes.
13. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose the personal information that we collect about you as set forth below or as otherwise described at the time of collection or sharing.
- Service providers: We DO NOT disclose personal information with third-party service providers.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliated firms (i.e., firms under common ownership, control or management with us) – use will be subject to this privacy notice.
- Third parties. We may disclose personal information to third parties in order to provide our Services, facilitate your requests, or with your acknowledgement and consent, including with:
- independent real estate professionals and owners and operators of real estate brokerage companies to enable them to provide services you request through the Services.
- third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- the public if you submit to a public part of the Services, such as comments, social media posts, or other features viewable by the public or generally by registered users of the Services.
- third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with the Services, or those with Services with which we integrate.
- Legally required: We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law and the EU policies.
- Protect our rights: We may disclose personal information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients and customers or others.
14. COOKIES, TRACKING, AND ANALYTICS
Our Services may use first party and third-party cookies, pixel tags, plugins, and other tools to gather device, usage and browsing information when users visit our Services. For instance, when you visit our Services, our server may record your IP address (and associated location information) and other information such as the type of your internet browser, your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and the pages you view and links you select on the Services, as well as date and time stamps associates with your activities on our Services.
We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to personalize and improve your experience while using the Services, to improve and measure our advertising campaigns and to better reach users with relevant advertising both on our Services and on third party websites.
- Essential cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features. Without these cookies we could not, for example, authenticate your login or remember that you are logged-in as you move through the Service.
- Functionality cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as the region you’re in) and tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you. For instance, they can be used to remember your login details or remember your nickname when you next login. They may also be used to provide services you’ve requested, for example leaving a comment on the Service.
- Analytics & performances cookies collect information about how the Service is used, for example which pages users visit most often and if any error messages are displayed on certain pages. Information collected using these cookies is used to monitor activity on the Service and understand how it is being used.
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies before your disabled preference was set. However, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
Pixel tags and other similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Websites to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Websites (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Websites and response rates.
Log files. Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files.
15. SOCIAL FEATURES AND THIRD-PARTY PLUG INS
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you log in to the Services or share actions you take on the Services. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. We do not receive or store passwords to your third-party social media accounts in this context.
We use technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to help protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable. In the event that the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us.
17. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may retain personal information for longer where required by our legal and regulatory obligations, professional indemnity obligations, or where we believe it is necessary to establish, defend or protect our legal rights and interests or those of others. With respect to the data and files we handle as a processor, we retain this personal information in accordance with our clients’ instructions.
18. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Marketing. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related communications from us on a going-forward basis by contacting us or by using the unsubscribe mechanism contained in each email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Cookies and similar technologies. Please review your browser or device settings for certain cookies and see above to exercise certain choices regarding cookies.
Access, amendment and deletion. Under applicable privacy laws, you may have the right to request to review, make amendments, have deleted or otherwise exercise your rights over your personal information that we hold, subject to certain legal limitations and requirements. If you are subject to such a privacy law, you may submit a request to us related to your personal information:
- By submitting a request to us at email@example.com
- By contacting us at (+30) 2821 112 777
We follow applicable law to take steps to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. In your request that is covered by an applicable privacy law, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. We may only implement requests (a) where required by applicable law and (b) with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Responding to Requests. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Additional information for certain jurisdictions. We are committed to respecting the privacy rights of individuals under all privacy laws applicable to us. Some privacy laws require that we provide specific information about individual rights to applicable consumers, which we have set forth at the end of this privacy notice:
19. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS
The GDPR (where applicable), gives data subjects the following rights regarding their personal information:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, to request access to the personal information. The accessed information includes – among others – the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal information have been or will be disclosed. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectify and complete personal information: you can request the rectification of inaccurate data and the completion of incomplete data. We will inform relevant third parties to whom we have transferred your data about the rectification and completion if we are legally obliged to do so.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal information concerning you in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object; or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- the data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary for:
- compliance with a legal obligation; or
- the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your personal information. In this case, the respective data will be marked and only be processed by us for certain purposes. This right can only be exercised where:
- the accuracy of your personal information is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want the personal information erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your personal information. In this case, the respective data will be marked and only be processed by us for certain purposes. This right can only be exercised where:
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us, but in each case only where the processing is (a) based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you, and (b) also carried out by automated means.
- Right to object: You have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis. You may exercise this right without incurring any costs. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms. The right to object does not exist, in particular, if the processing of your personal information is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
- Right to object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes: You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes. You can request that we not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: if you have given us your consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to obtain a copy of safeguards: you can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside the EU/EEA. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
- Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority: You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issue with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.